JR Clancy Upright – 55 Series Head Block
The Upright –55 Series head block may be mounted upright on one or two structural I-beams. These head blocks have fully enclosed sheaves and the base angles are turned in and notched to allow easy passage of lift lines.
- ASTM Class 30 grey iron or nylon sheave.
- Equal pitch diameter on rope and cable grooves for smooth operation.
- Tapered roller bearings.
- Base angle legs turned in to allow close mounting centers. Notches allow clear passage of all cables.
- 10-gauge side plates fully enclose sheave; 16″ blocks have 7-gauge side plates.
- Side plates are bolted and welded to the base angles for extra strength.
- Six spacers between the side plates, four prevent cables from escaping the sheave grooves.
- Base angles punched with alternating slots and holes for easy installations.
- Mounting clips available, please provide steel dimensions.
- Head block capacities are affected significantly by mounting conditions, please see the tables in the Ordering section for additional capacity information.